The MessengerPro allows to control the lobe shaping with Messenger Pro lobe assembly program. The acoustical centre can be moved over the array to match and compensate in relation to the required installation, mounting height and environmental needs.
Each driver is separately powered and processed, therefore all the lobe shape variations between a symmetrical and an asymmetrical arrangement can be made with the simple push of a button.
This beneficial feature separated the MESSENGER G2 from the Line-Array speakers, making it one of the most flexible options available with its unique software controlled directivity pattern with the MESSENGER's lobe assembler software.
Lobe Shaping by MessengerPro Software:
- Symmetrical lobe is centered in the middle. The Asymmetrical lobe is centered at the bottom or the top of the array.
- Any other position of the acoustical center between the middle and the bottom of the array Is fading the lobe-shape from a purely Symmetrical shape to an Asymmetrical shape.
- Symmetrical lobes are often used for field cover again combination with an Asymmetrical lobe for the near field area. The combination allows for individual level control for near and for field. Symmetrical lobes are also ideal to address high raised balcony seating areas.
- Asymmetrical lobes are used for mounting heights between 2.5 and 4 m from the floor and results in a lobe that starts at 5 m distance from the array at ear level and ends in a sharp lobe at 60 m and further.
- The Asymmetrical lobe has the ability to keep the sound deviation within 3 dB from 5 to 100 m. Its mounting height is NOT critical and therefore it is the most used system solution. The vertical opening angle can be adjusted in steps from 3 to 25 degrees.